[collectd] Interested in doing a workshop kind of contributor meetup?

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Sat Oct 27 11:21:56 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

that's a great idea!

I've talked to Matthias and we'll try to organize a venue in München, Germany
where both of us work. Arranging something on a work day is going to be easier
than on the weekend, at least if one of our employers is hosting us. In any
event, knowing the number of interested parties would be super helpful. It'd be
great if you could take 30 seconds to fill out this three-question survey:

  https://goo.gl/forms/GLYrW18Jui1luxGi2

Best regards,
—octo

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:25:29AM +0200, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wondered if there is interest in having a meetup for collectd
> contributors, or if there is a way to distribute the load of maintenance on
> more shoulders.
>
> I'm open to ideas to improve the situation, that could be:
>
> - create/maintain a wishlist for new features/changes
> - define/collect low-hanging fruits for (new) contributors
> - maybe switch to a different release model? Would automatism help there?
> - create/maintain a wiki page for review or coding guidelines
> - is the
>
> I'd be happy to organize/help organize a personal meeting, or to host a
> video conference, irc meeting, whatever helps....
>
> Feedback is very welcome here. Based on the turn the discussion will take,
> we would decide on next steps.
>
> Best,
> Matthias

GnuPG: 0x0C705A15