[collectd] Interested in doing a workshop kind of contributor meetup?

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Oct 30 12:03:13 CET 2018

On 27/10/2018 11:21, Florian Forster wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> that's a great idea!
>
> I've talked to Matthias and we'll try to organize a venue in München, Germany
> where both of us work. Arranging something on a work day is going to be easier
> than on the weekend, at least if one of our employers is hosting us. In any
> event, knowing the number of interested parties would be super helpful. It'd be
> great if you could take 30 seconds to fill out this three-question survey:
>
>    https://goo.gl/forms/GLYrW18Jui1luxGi2
>
> Best regards,
> —octo

Thank you Florian for putting this up!

Since we're targeting early next year, we might also think of
co-locating this with FOSDEM in Brussels (if that's an option?), as it
might enable folks to combine travels?

Thoughts?

Topics for the meetup I would imagine are:

- review guidelines for reviewing code
- what are groups doing? presentations of involved projects?
- next big(ger) changes requested/planned for development
- ramping up interested persons
- discussion on changing the release model? feature-based vs. time-based
releases?
- ...

Best,
Matthias