[collectd] Feature freeze, automatic code formatting

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Mon Nov 28 23:02:46 CET 2016

Hello everybody,

I have just created the "collectd-5.7" branch. With this the featureset
for collectd 5.7 is frozen and we're on track for the release, which is
scheduled for December 12. Sorry if your favorite feature didn't make
it – we're a bit overwhelmed by the number of contributions we're
getting at the moment.

Another exciting change is that we re-formatted the codebase using
clang-format. Going forward, we're going to require all new code to be
formatted with this tool. Having a uniformly formatted code base makes
it much easier to read the code and focus on more important issues
during code reviews. Some tips on setting Git and vim up to do most of
the work for you are available in our wiki:
<https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Repository#Automatic_formatting>

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org