[collectd] Version 5.5.3 available.
octo at collectd.org
Mon Nov 28 20:38:05 CET 2016
we're proud to announce the availability of collectd 5.5.3. This is going to be
the last bugfix release in the 5.5 branch – there will not be another patch
release before 5.7 is published in December.
The new version is available in source-code form from collectd's
download page. The direct download links are:
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this version. In particular:
* Aurelien ROUGEMONT
* Bernd Zeimetz
* Chao Yang
* David Gibson
* Florian Forster
* Marc Fournier
* Markus Linnala
* Michael Leinartas
* Ruben Kerkhof
* Sebastian Harl
* Sven Trenkel
* Thomas Deutschmann
2016-11-28, Version 5.5.3
* collectd: Write threads are stopped before shutdown callbacks are
called. Thanks to Florian Forster. #1110
* collectd: A compile error on AIX has been fixed: "MSG_DONTWAIT" is not
available on AIX. Thanks to Chao Yang.
* libcollectdclient: Lines printed to "STDERR" are now guarded by the
environment variable "COLLECTD_TRACE". Thanks to Florian Forster. #105
* collectd.conf(5): Various typos have been fixed. Thanks to Marc
* Build system: Detection of the Java environment has been made
deterministic to allow for reproducible builds. Thanks to Marc
* APC UPS plugin: Unavailable metrics are now skipped instead of
reported as 0 (zero). Thanks to Florian Forster. #2025
* Battery plugin: The minimum value has been removed from the power type
to allow the plugin to report discharging batteries as negative power.
Thanks to Florian Forster.
* DBI, Oracle and PostgreSQL plugins: An error message when the type
instance is truncated has been added. Thanks to Florian Forster. #4
* cURL-JSON plugin: A possible segmentation fault when parsing
unexpected JSON has been fixed. Thanks to Florian Forster. #1896
* DF plugin: Compilation with xfsprogs ≥ 4.7.0 has been fixed. Thanks
to Thomas Deutschmann. #1877
* Modbus plugin: Build issues on FreeBSD have been fixed. Thanks to
* Network plugin: An error message has been corrected. Thanks to Florian
* Network plugin: Handling of errors form secure memory initialization
has been improved: the plugin fails gracefully now instead of calling
"abort()". Thanks to Sebastian Harl.
* Network plugin: The gcrypt library is only initialized when it is
actually required due to the network plugin's configuration. Thanks to
Florian Forster. #1902
* Ping plugin: The init callback has been changed to be idempotent,
fixing errors being reported on Solaris. Thanks to Florian Forster.
* PostgreSQL plugin: The query_plans and query_plans_by_table queries
have been improved to return 0 (zero) instead of "NULL" when not
available. Thanks to Bernd Zeimetz. #1905
* PowerDNS plugin: The "recursor command" has been fixed so PowerDNS can
correctly parse all requested fields. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.
* Python plugin: Handling of data sets with multiple data sources of
different type has been fixed. Thanks to Sebastian Harl.
* RRDCacheD plugin: Reconnection behavior after failed operations has
been added. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. Debian#657877
* Write Graphite and AMQP plugins: A bug that could lead to a missing
null-termination has been fixed. Thanks to Markus Linnala.
* Write Kafka plugin: Support for librdkafka 0.9.0 has been added.
Thanks to Florian Forster.
* Write Riemann plugin: Build issues on Solaris have been fixed. Thanks
to Florian Forster.
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the collectd