[collectd] Combing Host Groups

Matt.Garrett at shell.com Matt.Garrett at shell.com
Fri Mar 4 17:38:39 CET 2016

Folks

I have been looking to use collectd V5 as a replacement for Nagios / PNP4Nagios

One of the main requirements is to combine the CPU usage of ALL machines that have the same Hostname (Group)
i.e
bngsti-n-b00201
bngsti-n-b00202
..
bngsti-n-b00216

Using the Plugin aggregation I can get the total CPU usage for one host but cannot see a way to get the CPU usage for ALL the Hosts in the Group bngsti*

I suspect this is not really a job for collectd but more for the frontend
However I have looked at a few Frontends
collectd-web
Collectd Graph Panel

None of them seem to have this function

Any thoughts ?