[collectd] Collecting non numeric values via snmp plugin

Giovanni Torres giovanni.torres at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:44:06 CET 2016

You wouldn't want to use collectd for non-numeric values.  In fact, I don't
think that's possible.

There are other ways of retrieving this type of data. For example, you
could write a script that would snmpget/snmpwalk the values you want from
the UPSs and then use something like curl -X POST to push those values to
your web servlet for processing.  You could then run the script
periodically via cron if needed.  This is a simple example, of course.

Giovanni