[collectd] Collecting non numeric values via snmp plugin

Alessandro Pernafini alessandro.pernafini at stoorm5.com
Fri Jan 22 11:04:14 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to collect non numeric values with snmp
plugin. I'd like to monitor some UPSs and send the collected data with
write_http plugin to a web servlet in order to process them. There are
some useful information, like manufacturer, model, UPS software version,
etc., that are defined as a display string in the MIB tree and I'd wish
to collect. Is there any way to do this with snmp plugin?

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro