[collectd] Collecting non numeric values via snmp plugin

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Fri Jan 22 19:59:35 CET 2016

Hello,

This mail is not an answer. Only some ideas for those who want to think
:)

I don't think that Collectd is the best way to collect metrics with
non-numeric values.
However, if your plugin can set metadata (I presume that snmp does not),
maybe you can do something... as far as your output plugin knows what to
do with them. Kafka output plugin does. rrdtool output plugin does not,
of course.

Regards,
Yves