[collectd] how to build a debian package of a daily snapshot?

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Mon May 18 09:45:56 CEST 2015

Excerpts from Svante Karlsson's message of 2015-05-11 23:55:46 +0200:
> I finally managed to build both ubuntu 12 & 14 packages based on pkg-debian
> - if I skipped the patches and relaxed the dependency check on my home
> built packages.
>
> I also had to add packages libvirt-bin dpatch to be able to build.
>
> Finally I had to build protobuf and protobuf-c for both platforms (and
> librdkafka for ubuntu 12)

Great :-)

> If/when you start building the packages do you plan to provide them for
> download somewhere? That would be awesome!

I'm still messing around with this, but yes, packages are already built
(hopefully) each time new patches are commited. See the README of
https://github.com/collectd/collectd-ci for the "where".

Once the last details are sorted out, I'll send a more formal email to
the mainling-list with all the details.

In the meantime, fell free to give these packages a try. Feedback is of
course welcome :)

Marc