[collectd] Compiling Collectd With lm_sensors on Embedded Linux

Gary Kerr garykerr06 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 10 10:43:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have been using Collectd recently on an ARM based system running embedded
Linux - with great success.

I am now trying to expand the functionality by adding sensor data
collection. My system has lm_sensors installed and correctly configured: I
can access meaningful, formatted sensor data using '# sensors' command.

I am attempting to compile Collectd with sensors plugin support. I used:

./configure --with-libsensors/usr/lib/libsensors.so.4.3.2

to configure the build with the (verified)correct path to libsensors.
However, configure fails to find libsensors:

libsensors  . . . . . no (sensors/sensors.h not found)

sensors.h does not exist on my system. i also tried to configure with the
path to the 'sensors' program, ./configure
--with-libsensors=/usr/bin/sensors but to no avail.

Do I need something else besides libsensors/lm_sensors installed for the
Collectd plugin to work?

Regards,
Gary