[collectd] curl_xml configuration

Adnane mls at adnane.me
Sat Sep 6 15:57:10 CEST 2014

Hi!!

I have a cassandra cluster that we want to monitor, we use mx4j to
expose metrics fromp JMX in xml format,

resulult I get

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MBean classname="org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore"
description="Information on the management interface of the MBean"
objectname="org.apache.cassandra.db:type=ColumnFamilies,keyspace=metric,columnfamily=metric">
<Attribute availability="RO" description="Attribute exposed for
management" isnull="false" name="LiveCellsPerSlice" strinit="true"
type="double" value="0.0"/>
<Attribute availability="RO" description="Attribute exposed for
management" isnull="false" name="LiveDiskSpaceUsed" strinit="true"
type="long" value="0"/>
<Attribute availability="RO" description="Attribute exposed for
management" isnull="false" name="LiveSSTableCount" strinit="true"
type="int" value="0"/>
<Attribute availability="RO" description="Attribute exposed for
management" isnull="false" name="MaxRowSize" strinit="true" type="long"
value="0"/>
<Attribute availability="RW" description="Attribute exposed for
management" isnull="false" name="MaximumCompactionThreshold"
strinit="true" type="int" value="32"/>
<Attribute availability="RO" description="Attribute exposed for
management" isnull="false" name="MeanRowSize" strinit="true" type="long"
value="0"/>
</MBean>

I tried several configurations with success,  the closest I think is

LoadPlugin curl_xml
<Plugin curl_xml>
   <URL
"http://127.0.0.1:8081/mbean?objectname=org.apache.cassandra.db%3Atype%3DColumnFamilies%2Ckeyspace%3Dmetric%2Ccolumnfamily%3Dmetric&template=identity">
       Instance "cassandra"

     <XPath "/MBean/Attribute">
           InstanceFrom "@name=LiveCellsPerSlice"
           ValuesFrom ""
       </xpath>

   </URL>
</Plugin>

any help to capture the values from atribute tag would apreciated

tnx