[collectd] Postgresql plugin - database autodiscovery

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Sat Nov 8 02:02:18 CET 2014

Hi Jiri,
I have to admit that we are doing this on just a couple of DBs, but a
configuration management system sounds like the obvious place of
implementing such a feature. As a bonus, it's usually easier to maintain
and hack together than a C plugin. Any particular reason why you wanted
this to be in collectd itself?

Anyway, in our case a forked and patched version of pdxcat's Puppet module
along with stdlib's support for concat() for joining two arays did the
trick without too much hassle.

With kind regards,
Jan

--