[collectd] Collectd client behind proxy server

Lindsay Holmwood lindsay at holmwood.id.au
Fri Aug 29 13:34:08 CEST 2014

On Saturday, July 12, 2014, Soraya Minga <sminga at palosanto.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know If there is an specific configuration in order to run
> the collectd daemon behind a proxy server (not transparent) in order to
> send the data to an external server (Public IP address).
>
> I haven't found anything related. I must pass trought the proxy server for
> security reasons.

Nothing required on the client side, just specify the IP address of the
proxy in collectd's network plugin configuration.

Keep in mind that the network plugin sends packets via UDP, so your proxy
will need to support UDP if you want it to relay to your external server.

If you don't have a UDP proxy already set up, I can recommend something
like socat or samplicator.

Cheers,
Lindsay

--