[collectd] import collectd on CentOS6

Lindsay Holmwood lindsay at holmwood.id.au
Fri Aug 29 13:47:13 CEST 2014

On Wednesday, July 16, 2014, Johan Guldmyr <johan.guldmyr at csc.fi> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 1. Thanks for a great software, it's fun with metrics :)
>
> 2.
>
> I'm attempting to try this python plugin:
> https://github.com/phobos182/collectd-elasticsearch
>
> But I can't seem to get it to load, probably because "import collectd"
> fails when I try to run the script manually.
>
> How do I find/install that library on CentOS6?

It's highly probable the collectd package you installed on CentOS 6 doesn't
have the Python plugin compiled in.

Running `rpm -ql collectd | grep python` will tell you if you've got any
Python bits in the installed package.

You likely need to find an alternative package with the Python plugin, or
build collectd from source.

Cheers,
Lindsay

--