[collectd] RFC: Changes to data sources and naming schema

Jesse Reynolds jesse at bulletproof.net
Tue Sep 24 02:34:20 CEST 2013

1) - yay :-)

2) - I'm slightly confused ... can you give an example of how you'd do a disk utilisation threshold check? either the current absolute value needs to be known, or one at some previous point in time and the current value calculated from that. It can't all be just rate data. Or are we proposing that 'dumb' threshold checks like this are old-hat and an annoyance? :-) ... Even still, probably the ideal disk utilisation check would consider both rate and current absolute value.

3) option 2 (unordered key-value pairs) seems most flexible and ideal in terms of constructing interesting views of the data

Nice work hackathoners :-)

Cheers
Jesse