[collectd] collectd loading plugins

Kevin Qiu k_q_11 at zoho.com
Wed May 15 20:38:47 CEST 2013

I am learning the collectd archtecture, and I would like to contribute
writing better documents. On the other hand, I couldn't find out where
in the source collectd registered plugins.
And also this part of code in collectd.c "Also, this will automatically
load modules."
doesn't seem to right, correct me if I'm wrong.
Since I'm in the learning process, it would nice if some one could point
out a simpler system using the same approach allowing add plugins for
daemon. Thanks.
	/*
	 * Read options from the config file, the environment and the command
	 * line (in that order, with later options overwriting previous ones in
	 * general).
	 * Also, this will automatically load modules.
	 */
	if (cf_read (configfile))
	{
		fprintf (stderr, "Error: Reading the config file failed!\n"
				"Read the syslog for details.\n");
		return (1);
	}