[collectd] modbus plugin crashs collectd

Peter Mueller pmueller at occsilva.de
Wed May 15 22:26:52 CEST 2013

Hello,

I want to use the modbus plugin.

The collectd daemon starts without errors but on the modbus server I can't see any requests.

I compiled collectd with "debug on". As soon the modbus plugin is enabled I see:

kernel: pid 48021 (collectd), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

How can I find out why modbus plugin fails (or whatever else is wrong).

Without the config below (but with LoadPlugin modbus) collectd starts correctly.

System: FreeBSD 9.1
Version: collectd-5.2.1

The other plugins like ping … works fine.

Thanks,
Peter

<Plugin modbus>
 <Data "Temperature-DG">