[collectd] libstatgrab required for collectd (and -devel to build)

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Fri Jan 11 08:06:25 CET 2013

Hello,

Excerpts from Bruno Mairlot's message of 2013-01-08 14:37:55 +0100:

> I noticed today that with the .spec file currently available, the
> buildrequires needs libstatgrab-devel and the .rpm needs libstatgrab
> packages, although this package is not available from CentOS or RedHat
> base repository. You need to activate EPEL repository to get it.
>
> Although it is not a real hindrance, is it possible to build the package
> without libstatgrab in order to get a clean 5.2.0 package without
> resorting to EPEL or is it some kind of core features ? I didn't see it
> as a plugin, but is required for the main package.

As far as I can tell, libstatgrab is optional, no plugin has a hard
requirement on this library.

Referring to the README, it's used "by various plugins to collect
statistics on systems other than Linux and/or Solaris."

The debian package for 5.2 isn't built against libstatgrab and all the
plugins mentioning this lib in their source code are part of the package
and are working as expected. I would be surprised if it was any different
on RHEL.

I'm going to update PR#220 accordingly !

Marc