[collectd] Re-reading types.db and/or collectd.conf withouting restart collectd

Daniel Hilst danielhilst at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 19:44:33 CET 2013

I have a problem. Every time I add a new type to types.db I have to
restart collectd. This lead to my nagios dashboard being fully red. Any
ideas of how re-read types.db without restarting?

I've this problem too while editing collectd.conf, but this is less
frequent.. I know that collectd keeps a AVL Tree cache, that
collectd-nagios reads from unix socket. Keeping cache entries between
restarts would solve that. What you people think?

When I say restart I mean receiving a SIGHUP.

Cheers!
--
Follow the white rabbit!