[collectd] Re-reading types.db and/or collectd.conf withouting restart collectd

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Thu Jan 10 08:58:08 CET 2013

I agree...
See the comments of https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/136 :
this is not a new issue.

About types.db, I suggest that you do not change it, but add your own
file.
In collectd.conf, you can specify more than one types.db file.
When you upgrade collectd, you can replace the unmodified types.db with
the new one and keep your addons in another file.
Of course, this will not solve your problem about restarting collectd
when you make a change.

Regards,
Yves

--