[collectd] password check function
ymettier at free.fr
Tue Feb 19 17:17:48 CET 2013
I need to check a login/password that I store in a file.
I know how to use crypt (man crypt(3)), but I cannot use it :
- crypt is not reentrant (and I need a reentrant function)
- crypt_r is a GNU extension. May I use such a GNU extension in
collectd ? I guess not, because of FreeBSD and other OS users.
I have searched in libgcrypt, but could not find a correct set of
- to check a login/password with a known login/crypted passwd
- to store it in a file in a human readable form (like in /etc/passwd,
encoded with base64)
- to have more security than clear password or xor function
- compatibility with easy-to-use tools for users to fill the password
- reentrant functions !!! (so crypt(3) won't fit)
- if possible, to have compatibility with what you can find in
/etc/shadow on Linux (md5, sha256...)
What do you suggest ? Any hint ?
- Homepage - http://ymettier.free.fr
- GPG key - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt
- C en action - http://ymettier.free.fr/livres/C_en_action_ed2.html
- Guide Survie C - http://www.pearson.fr/livre/?GCOI=27440100673730
More information about the collectd