[collectd] Possible memory leak in python plugin?

James김민석 james.kim at nexr.com
Mon May 7 13:40:52 CEST 2012

hello,

it's been couple of weeks since I patched, and there is no memory leak
anymore.^^

I've used several tools to detect problems,
example, valgrind http://valgrind.org/, memwatch(
http://www.linkdata.se/sourcecode/memwatch/)
for python test, i used guppy and it told me there was no leak.
but couldn't find ways to to detect. because valgrind couldn't track child
thread, memwatch doesn't understand free statements sometimes.

It was my best way that just checking the candidate source codes line by
line.
specially embeded python and  python c-extension, there might be some
missing in reference counting of object in c code.
please checkout following nice articles that explains the problem.

http://edcjones.tripod.com/refcount.html

hope you have lucky. ;)