[collectd] Collectd pull request (95 on github)

Will Hawkins hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Jun 26 18:50:15 CEST 2012

Hello everyone!

Our mesh networking tool relies heavily on collectd to monitor the
health of the network. We love its power and flexibility. Coupling with
visage for visualization makes the product that much better.

During our use, we found a bug in a logging statement in rrdtool. It
seems to cause random memory issues and, eventually, crashes. We tracked
down what we think is the source of the problem and patched collectd. We
submitted a pull request on github for you to incorporate our fix:
https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/95

I was wondering if you had a chance to look at the patch and whether it
was acceptable? Please let me know if there is any other help that we
can provide.

Thanks again for your work on such a great tool.

Will