[collectd] Exec plugin - forked process freezing with 4.10.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)

Jesse Reynolds jesse at bulletproof.net
Wed Jun 6 06:18:21 CEST 2012

On 06/06/2012, at 10:02 AM, Jesse Reynolds wrote:
> I have reproduced this on my laptop in a VirtualBox VM running precise and the same version of collectd. The details are here: https://gist.github.com/2878994 ...

Doing some more testing and I've managed to reproduce the problem with the network and rrdtool plugins not activated. If I also deactivate the unixsock plugin then the problem goes away. So I think this is something to do with an interplay between the unixsock and exec plugins.

Is anyone else using the exec and unixsock plugins with the collectd 4.10.1 as shipped with precise?

Is it worth compiling 4.10.1 with debug symbols, reproducing, and attaching gdb to the frozen process?

Jesse