[collectd] Patch to enable collection of all IRQs

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Fri Sep 2 05:10:57 CEST 2011

Hi Florian,

On 2 September 2011 04:35, Florian Forster <octo at collectd.org> wrote:
>> (beware, it also "fixes" issue with irq non-collection mentioned in my
>> other mail from few hours ago).
>
> Yeah, I've seen that. The current code should handle that gracefully,
> too. You're welcome to review the commit <http://octo.cx/66bdee8> and
> provide feedback :)

Seems fine, will test on "my" servers when next release arrives.

>> Q2: Is Mantis dead? It seems so, that's why I ask. If so, I recommend
>> using Redmine, far more user friendly.
>
> Yeah, Mantis is currently not sending emails to anybody if a new bug is
> created, so I usually don't notice, sorry. I was looking into Redmine at
> some point, but the administrative overhead of getting a Ruby on Rails
> application up and running scared me away.

Not really. I use 62 line script for ruby and 62 line script for ruby
modules (lots of comments, empty lines and modules not related to
Redmine included in count) to install whole Ruby, RoR and mongrel -
from scratch. :) If you want, I can send it to you.
In half a hour you can have it up and running, build time included. I
think collectd would really benefit from a useful issue tracker. And
you can also integrate it with git.

Regards,
b.