[collectd] Java binding stability

Alex Baranau alex.baranov.v at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:47:44 CEST 2011

Hello,

We are going to write a plugin in Java for collectd (which is going to clean
up old files produced by cvs plugin) and wonder if we can rely on the java
API to be not changed in future to support many versions of collectd.

More general Q: how often and how dramatically Java API changed over last
year?

Overall, is there any easier way to clean up collectd stats logs (outputted
e.g. by csv plugin)? I was looking at Exec plugin to run "cleaning" script
using it, but log files are written by user "root" and there's no way to
execute command as "root" in Exec case (except of course with help of
"sudo", but this won't work for our case).

Thank you,
Alex