[collectd] Using SNMP plugin with collectd

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Wed Sep 29 08:51:48 CEST 2010

Hi Kakoli,

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:03:26AM +0000, Sen, Kakoli wrote:
> I need to collect cpu/memory/disk usage of windows node.

if you could use an evaluation version of SSC Serv [0], please let me
know. The "free edition" is capable of collecting CPU and interface
statistics, the full version collects memory, disk (among others) as
well.

> In collectd.conf, in snmp Data block it is given as
> Table true
> Values "HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad "
>
> But for a multi-processor node, in the same csv file values of both
> processors are coming.

When configuring a *table*, the plugin expects multiple values to be
returned. If you do not specify the "Instance" option, the last part of
the OID will be used as instance, in the hope that this is unique.

If, however, the data is returned as

  hrProcessorLoad.1.0 = 12
  hrProcessorLoad.2.0 = 13

both values will use "0" (the last part of the OID) as instance.

Could you provide an snmpwalk of the entire table? This would make it a
lot easier to tell you how to configure the plugin.

Best regards,
--octo

[0] <http://ssc-serv.com/>
GnuPG: 0x0C705A15