[collectd] Using SNMP plugin with collectd

Sen, Kakoli sen at hp.com
Wed Sep 29 10:51:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

    Thanks for your reply.

The host-resource mib has the following OID for processor usage:

host.hrDevice.hrProcessorTable.hrProcessorEntry.hrProcessorLoad

 But since we have 2 processors in the windows machine, the windows SNMP service is returning the following OIDs for the 2 processors which form the leafnodes of the MIB tree:

host.hrDevice.hrProcessorTable.hrProcessorEntry.hrProcessorLoad.15

host.hrDevice.hrProcessorTable.hrProcessorEntry.hrProcessorLoad.16

I have put the following block in Collectd.conf for capturing this data:

<Data "hr_cpuLoad">

       Type "cpustats_percent"

       Table true

       Instance "HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorEntry"

       Values "HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad"

</Data>

And the data for both processors are coming in the same csv file named cpustats_percent-0-2010-09-29

Now the question is how do I get the 2 processor values in 2 different files without specifying the last numbersin the OID, in this case, 15 and 16, in the collectd.conf.

We need the configuration to be generic, applicable to any windows node.

Note that, the windows snmp mib implementation gives these random numbers which will vary from machine to machine.

Hope I could clarify,

Thanks & Regards,

Kakoli