[collectd] Combining graphs

Max Henkel henkel at gmx.at
Thu Oct 21 23:39:34 CEST 2010

Hello Hanno!

First I should mention that collection3 is not supported [1][2].
Nonetheless I will give you some hints. You can find all of the
following information in the perl-scripts of collection3.

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:01:50 +1300, Hanno Schupp wrote:
[…]
> It delivers three separate graphs. However, I wish to have one graph with
> all three lines superimpose like one can see in the wiki:
>
> Q: How do I do that?

You can change the "ping" type in the etc/collection.conf file to
use the "GenericStacked" module. Furthermore you have to disable the
"stacking" so that the different ping values are not summed up.

E.g.
 …
 <Type ping>
   Module GenericStacked
   Stacking false
   …
 </Type>

[…]
> Q: How can I move the scale to, say, -100dBm to 80dBm instead of the
> current -90dBm to 80dBm – just like signal quality has its graph in the
> idle and not at the bottom edge?
[…]

Rrdtool graphs the data and you can give additional options to it
with the "RRDOptions" switch. ( man rrdgraph )
In your case the "-u" and "-l" options should do what you want.
E.g.
  …
  <Type wireless>
    RRDOptions -l -100