[collectd] Combining graphs

Hanno Schupp hanno.schupp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 11:01:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new to collectd and I am impressed how easy it was to set up a
networked collection from remote OpenWRT routers to a central server. Great
work.

There are two things I cannot quite figure out from the documentation. The
collection seems to work just working fine, but I would like to change some
of the graphs that are created.

1)      The ping plugin is configured like this:

<Plugin ping>

       Host "login02.chillifire.net"

       Host "login04.chillifire.net"

       Host "login06.chillifire.net"

</Plugin>

It delivers three separate graphs. However, I wish to have one graph with
all three lines superimpose like one can see in the wiki:
http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:Ping

Q: How do I do that?

2)      The wirless plugin also produces three graphs:

http://login02.chillifire.net/cgi-bin/collection.cgi?action=show_plugin;host
=Router001103447;timespan=day;plugin=wireless

The line on the second graph sits exactly at -90dBM and is not visible. The
legend in the bottom is a hint it is there.

Q: How can I move the scale to, say, -100dBm to 80dBm instead of the current
-90dBm to 80dBm - just like signal quality has its graph in the idle and not
at the bottom edge?

Any hints welcome. Thank You