[collectd] ntohll and htonll patch for OpenSolaris

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Mar 9 17:44:13 CET 2010

Hi Amit,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:42:36AM +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
> On 2/18/10, Amit Gupta <amit.gupta221 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hopefully this is the last patch for the collectd integration into
> > OpenSolaris :). This patch is about avoiding the redeclaration of
> > ntohll and htonll functions if the underlying platform provide these
> > functions (OpenSolaris has ntohll and htonll macros/functions
> > defined in the /usr/include/sys/byteorder.h).

unfortunately I can't find the email you're quoting here. I even did a
full-text search for "Hopefully" with a capital "H" but nothing turned
up. A Google search found [0] as the only result.

I've just applied a patch by Manuel Sanmartin which solves the same
issue under AIX. It'd be great if you could let me know if that works
for Solaris as well or if modifications are needed.

Regards,
—octo

[0] <http://www.mail-archive.com/collectd@verplant.org/msg00419.html>