[collectd] ipv6 support broken?

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Tue Mar 9 20:12:16 CET 2010

Hi Florian,

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 05:30:36PM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 07:32:39PM +0100, Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> > When configured as ipv6 addresses, the module replaces the : in the
> > addresses with spaces and lookups fail.
> it works for me with collectd 4.8 built from Git linked against liboping
> 1.3.4-1 from Debian Testing.

Ah, never mind... I found the problem. With the 3.x stack, the hostname
or the ip address of the ipv6 addresses could be entered without
quotes. With the 4.x version I was using unquoted ipv4 and ipv6 addresses
and the startup gave ::: and when using hostnames it displayed ::.::
(one : or . per filtered character)

The ipv4 addresses gave no trouble at all, so I figured the ipv6 stack
was the cause of the problem. (maybe a warning would be usefull when
the ping module has to ping unquoted entries)

SOrry if I've been wasting your time, but I completely forgot to
check the syntax... until I stumbled upon a configuration of a friend
with a working ipv6 ping. (last week)

---

Jan Huijsmans              bofh at koffie.nu

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server