[collectd] write_http not working

Paul Sadauskas psadauskas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 19:19:36 CET 2010

Hi Anil

Yes, it works for us, we're using it. For the first part, basic/digest
auth, there is a patch that got applied to the 4.8 branch that uses
both, but it doesn't look like it got forwarded to the 4.9 branch. I
pinged octo on IRC, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I'm not sure what webserver you're using, but the write_http plugin
uses PUTVAL-style plaintext data in the body of the POST. Depending on
what webserver you're using, it might not be in QUERY_STRING. In the
rails app where we use it, for example, the data is in `request.body`.

I hope this helps, if not, come find me in the IRC #collectd channel.

Paul