[collectd] How/Whan branches are merged in git.verplant.org (was: write_http not working)

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sat Feb 13 14:04:35 CET 2010

Heya,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:19:36AM -0700, Paul Sadauskas wrote:
> Yes, it works for us, we're using it. For the first part, basic/digest
> auth, there is a patch that got applied to the 4.8 branch that uses
> both, but it doesn't look like it got forwarded to the 4.9 branch. I
> pinged octo on IRC, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Patches are applied to the "oldest" branch it applies to (and which is
still actively maintained). Every once in a while (on a more or less
irregular base), "old" branches are then merged into "newer" branches
one after another. So, it will take a bit of time until patches are
available in all branches. See [1] for some more details.

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] <http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Repository#Organization>