[collectd] Collectd processes plugin for solaris 10

Amit Gupta amit.gupta221 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:31:52 CET 2009

I wanted to build processes plugin on Solaris10, so I did specify
--enable-processes.

Solaris 10 does have libkvm but processes plugin uses kvm_getProcs (to
get a handle to the processes) which Solaris 10 libkvm doesn't have.
However, Solaris 10 libkvm do have kvm_getProc, kvm_nextProc, kvm_open
and so on, so it seems that it is possible to tweak the processes
plugin a little to get the processes data for Solaris 10.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried getting the processes plugin
to work on Solaris 10, so that I can work on the top of someone else
patch if possible.

Regards
Amit