[collectd] Collectd processes plugin for solaris 10

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Mar 19 14:43:33 CET 2009

Hi Amit,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 02:01:52PM +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
> I wanted to build processes plugin on Solaris10, so I did specify
> --enable-processes.

this is a common mistake, please see the ``Configuring / Compiling /
Installing'' section in the README file and the entry in our FAQs [0].

> However, Solaris 10 libkvm do have kvm_getProc, kvm_nextProc, kvm_open
> and so on, so it seems that it is possible to tweak the processes
> plugin a little to get the processes data for Solaris 10.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has tried getting the processes plugin
> to work on Solaris 10, so that I can work on the top of someone else
> patch if possible.

I haven't seen anything on the mailing list yet, so I guess noone is
currently working on it. I'm looking forward to integrating your patch,
though :)

[0] <http://collectd.org/faq.shtml#faq:enable_plugin>