[collectd] Collectd processes plugin for solaris 10

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Mar 19 09:06:26 CET 2009

Hi Amit,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 05:43:33PM +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
> Currently the collectd processes plugin fails to build on Solaris 10
> (since there is no kvm_getprocs on solaris 10). Is there anyone who
> has tried getting this plugin to work on Solaris 10?

both, *BSD and Solaris, have a `KVM' library that work very alike. I'm
sure they have the same origin but diverged since then.

The processes plugin should automatically be disabled when building on
Solaris. How come you get the problem? If you didn't specify something
like `--enable-processes' but still get build errors, could you please
provide the `config.log' file and ideally the output of `make'? Thanks
:)