[collectd] how to save data into text file?

GianLuca Sarto gianluca.sarto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:08:34 CEST 2009

Sebastian,

sorry, I did mean to reply to the list, but I made a mistake.

It's quite possible that collectd is not apt to do what I want.

The serial device logs its activity through a serial port.
If I had a serial printer connected, it would print:

DD/MM/YY,HH:MM:SS,USER,EVENT

Now, I could direct connect an old pc, open the serial port, and collect
the data in a file, but it seems a bit an overkill to maintain a host
just to do that.

On the same lan, I have a Linux host that could do the job, so here's
where the serial to ethernet converter comes in.

I just want to append the string that comes out from the serial device,
in a text file, on the remote host.

-Gian

--
voice +39-02-4895.0008