[collectd] central server

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat Jun 20 11:11:19 CEST 2009

Hi János,

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 02:30:28PM +0200, János Prepuk wrote:
> I trid out the filter with the next config:

> PostCacheChain "PostCache"
> <Chain "PostCache">
>  <Rule "to_summpoller">
>   <Match "regex">
>      Host "^name.server.com$"
>      Plugin "^snmp$"
>      Type "^current_connections$"
>   </Match>
>   <Target "write">
>    Plugin "rrdcached"
>    Plugin "network"
>   </Target>
>  </Rule>
>  <Target "write">
>   Plugin "rrdcached"
>  </Target>
> </Chain>

please note that calling the `write' target will not stop processing, so
values matching the `to_summpoller' rule will first be sent to the
`rrdcached' and `network' plugins and *then* the default target will be
executed and they will be sent so the `rrdcached' plugin *again*.

> I would like to send only the data "current_connections" about the
> "name.server.com" to the server and all datas of hosts store locally.
> But with this config the client sends all datas about every host to
> the server and store all datas of hosts locally.

Other than the problem described above, your config looks okay, so only
the `current_connections' values should be sent via the `network'
plugin. Sorry, but I currently don't have an idea what the problem might
be.