[collectd] embedding parrot into collectd (was: (Generic) Java plugin available for development/testing.)

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Fri Feb 20 16:00:04 CET 2009

Hi,

(I'm splitting this thread, since the topics are only very slightly
related to another ... ;-))

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 03:40:11PM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> Another nice way to get more scripting languages might be through
> `Parrot'. From a quick glance the embedding interface seems quite
> usable.

Afaik, Parrot is still under _heavy_ development and mostly meant to be
used for Perl6 (i.e., I suppose that's what most development is targeted
at - see [1] for an overview of currently supported languages as well as
the respective development status). So, I'd expect a rather unstable and
/ or incomplete API, but that's just a guess. Personally, I'd wait for
Parrot 1.0. The development team currently releases fairly frequently
and the latest release was called "the final countdown", so I'm
expecting 1.0 to show up fairly soon[tm].

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/Languages