[collectd] Ohhhh jeeee, libgcrypt 1.4.1 + collectd 4.7.2

Luke Heberling collectd at c-ware.com
Mon Aug 31 20:39:25 CEST 2009

On Monday 31 August 2009 11:06:23 Sebastian Harl wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:31:30AM -0700, Luke Heberling wrote:
>
> > I did it in network.c's module_register function. Kind of an abuse, I
> > know.
>
> I think this could safely be moved to the plugin's init function.

FWIW, I wasn't sure whether the plugin init was done before or after threads
were created. One of Werner Koch's messages about it said initialization
should be done before threads are created.  It's unclear why this is, it would
seem that as long as it's done before libgcrypt is used it ought to be ok....
but the "callbacks" registered specifically for pthreads kind of make me wonder
whether libgcrypt somehow hooks into the thread library and initializes each
thread when it's created, therefore missing the chance if it's initialized
after new threads are created, even if libgcrypt hasn't been used yet.

http://osdir.com/ml/encryption.gpg.libgcrypt.devel/2003-01/msg00008.html

Luke Heberling