[collectd] Output plugin for submitting values to an http server

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat Aug 29 14:25:14 CEST 2009

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:52:38AM +0200, Florian Forster wrote:
> I have a few ideas on what'd be nice to add still:
>
>  * Enforce SSL communication: Only send data if the server can be
>    authenticated and the connection is encrypted.

I've added the usual `VerifyPeer', `VerifyHost' and `CACert' options.

>  * Implement support for multiple destinations.
>    If at all desirable, we should add this before 4.8 because it will
>    probably need modifications of the config options.

That's implemented now, too.

> Last but not least, I'm not very happy with the name “http”. What do
> you think about renaming the plugin to “write_curl”?

I've renamed the plugin to “write_http” because writing to files (as
opposed to a POST *request*) is handled completely different by libcurl.

I've pulled the plugin into the master branch, so it'll be included in
the 4.8 release.