[collectd] Derive and absolute datasource support

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat Apr 25 10:02:41 CEST 2009

Hi Mariusz,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 04:27:37PM +0200, Mariusz Gronczewski wrote:
> i've made simple patch to add support to derive and absolute
> datasources in collectd.

wow, thank you very much for your patch :)

This is a first important step towards having ‘DERIVE’ data sources in
collectd, a feature that was requested more than once. I fear, however,
that there's still some work to do and I doubt we'll get all that done
by May 1st. From what I currently have in mind we have to adapt at least
the following plugins: Perl, Java, Network, SNMP, Tail, cURL, gmond.

My suggestion is to put this code into a separate branch and aim for
version 4.8. What do you think?