[collectd] Re-writing collectd.spec

Richard Shade rshade at rightscale.com
Tue Mar 18 17:44:35 CET 2008

On 3/18/08, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 07:54:50PM -0500, Richard Shade wrote:
> > 1. I am breaking out the configs for apache,email,lm_sensors,mysql,snmp
> into
> > /etc/collectd.d
>

> sounds good - this is exactly what the additions to the `Include'
> statement are for ;)

Thanks

> 2. I am creating a contrib version of collectd.conf for redhat based
> > distros, that matches the option in collectd.spec
> > 3. I rewriting contrib/fedora/init.d-collectd to use collectdmon, and
> > putting it in contrib/redhat/ with the rest of my .conf files, to not
> > destroy the old versions.
>

> Nice, just send them in an I'll add it to contrib/

Great I will get that out to you asap, probably today/tonight..

> 4. I am considering breaking out memcached, and nginx plugins like the
> ones
> > in item 1.
>

> Why the `email', `memcached' and `nginx' plugins? I'd put plugins with
> extra dependencies into their own package - with their own configuration
> in /etc/collectd.d/. But that's just my two cent.

Please correct me if I am wrong on these. Email was already in there with
spamassassin as a dependency, nginx will require curl like apache, and
memcached could probably be in default since all it requires is memcached.
Does this sounds about right?

Regards,

--
Thanks,