[collectd] Re-writing collectd.spec

Richard Shade rshade at rightscale.com
Tue Mar 18 23:12:51 CET 2008

On 3/18/08, Richard Shade <rshade at rightscale.com> wrote:

> On 3/18/08, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Richard,
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 07:54:50PM -0500, Richard Shade wrote:
> > > 1. I am breaking out the configs for
> > apache,email,lm_sensors,mysql,snmp into
> > > /etc/collectd.d
> >

> > sounds good - this is exactly what the additions to the `Include'
> > statement are for ;)
>

> Thanks
>
> > 2. I am creating a contrib version of collectd.conf for redhat based
> > > distros, that matches the option in collectd.spec
> > > 3. I rewriting contrib/fedora/init.d-collectd to use collectdmon, and
> > > putting it in contrib/redhat/ with the rest of my .conf files, to not
> > > destroy the old versions.
> >

> > Nice, just send them in an I'll add it to contrib/
>
> Great I will get that out to you asap, probably today/tonight..

Here you guys go this is my contrib/redhat, it contains the broken out
config files, the new init.d script, and the new spec file. I have tested
this build on a CentOS 5 system and it works and will start up. If you have
any suggestions please let me know.
link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/rightscale_software/redhat.tgz

--
Thanks,