[collectd] Re-writing collectd.spec

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Mar 18 10:30:43 CET 2008

Hi Richard,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 07:54:50PM -0500, Richard Shade wrote:
> 1. I am breaking out the configs for apache,email,lm_sensors,mysql,snmp into
> /etc/collectd.d

sounds good - this is exactly what the additions to the `Include'
statement are for ;)

> 2. I am creating a contrib version of collectd.conf for redhat based
> distros, that matches the option in collectd.spec
> 3. I rewriting contrib/fedora/init.d-collectd to use collectdmon, and
> putting it in contrib/redhat/ with the rest of my .conf files, to not
> destroy the old versions.

Nice, just send them in an I'll add it to contrib/.

> 4. I am considering breaking out memcached, and nginx plugins like the ones
> in item 1.

Why the `email', `memcached' and `nginx' plugins? I'd put plugins with
extra dependencies into their own package - with their own configuration
in /etc/collectd.d/. But that's just my two cent.