[collectd] Static Build

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Fri Jun 13 10:50:43 CEST 2008

Hi Jesse,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:23:00PM -0700, Jesse Dutton wrote:
> The collectd configure script thinks it supports building a static
> binary, but it doesn't seem to work.

That's one of the options which is provided by autoconf by default...

> When I configure with --enable-static and --disable-shared I get
> errors about multiple definitions of module_register. I am using the
> latest stable (4.4.1).  Has anyone done this successfully?

I can't think of any way to get that working with collectd unless you're
using a single plugin only. All plugins are implemented as shared
objects and the code heavily depends on that.

Why do you want to build a static binary?

Cheers,