[collectd] Static Build

Jesse Dutton jessedutton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 17:33:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Sebastian Harl <sh at tokkee.org> wrote:
> Hi Jesse,
hello

> I can't think of any way to get that working with collectd unless you're
> using a single plugin only. All plugins are implemented as shared
> objects and the code heavily depends on that.
There are other systems that have this same problem (e.g. linux kernel
modules). They use a macro to expose a static module_register function
when the module is not built-in. In the built-in case, we could mangle
the function names so that they are unique, and use the HAVE_PLUGIN_X
#defines to call each module_register in turn during startup.
Thoughts?

> Why do you want to build a static binary?
My embedded system has no libraries at the moment.

~Jesse