[collectd] Plugin iptables

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Jul 17 14:36:28 CEST 2008

Hi Potros,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 09:45:37AM +0200, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> >     <Plugin iptables>
> >             Chain filter Bicuve
> >     </Plugin>

> I'm not really into the iptables plugin but afaIk you have to add a
> comment to the rules that should be taken into account by collectd.

right, if specified like this, only rules that have a ``COMMENT'' match
will be collected.

> Please provide us with the output of "iptables -t filter -L Bicuve".

Or, better yet:
  $ iptables -v -L Bicuve

> Imho, the documentation could be improved in that respect.

It's short, but accurate:
``If only Table and Chain are given, this plugin will collect the
  counters of all rules which have a comment-match. The comment is then
  used as type-instance.''
Patches are welcome, of course ;)