[collectd] Plugin iptables

potros potros potros13 at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 17 19:56:04 CEST 2008

Hi octo

I must say that i don't know if i must reply to "collectd at verplant.org" or where... sorry... :-\

>Hi Potros,

>On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 09:45:37AM +0200, Sebastian Harl wrote:
>> >     <Plugin iptables>
>> >             Chain filter Bicuve
>> >     </Plugin>

>> I'm not really into the iptables plugin but afaIk you have to add a
>> comment to the rules that should be taken into account by collectd.

>right, if specified like this, only rules that have a ``COMMENT'' match
>will be collected.

Right... the problem is my bad english... i didn't understand it.

>> Please provide us with the output of "iptables -t filter -L Bicuve".

>Or, better yet:
>  $ iptables -v -L Bicuve

Ok... here it is:
#######################################
aeron:~/collectd-4.4.2/src# iptables -v -L Bicuve
Chain Bicuve (2 references)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
 102K   92M            0    --  any    any     anywhere             192.168.2.10
84175 5670K            0    --  any    any     192.168.2.10         anywhere

Now... my config file has the following:
<Plugin iptables>
             Chain filter Bicuve 1
             Chain filter Bicuve 2
</Plugin>

And at this time the rrd files are generated, but no information on it can been found.

What are wrong?